Greg Cole - Managing Member
Cole has been in the income property real estate and finance business since
graduating with an MBA from Southern Methodist University in 1976. His
undergraduate degree was with honors in Economic Geography from the University of
Kansas in 1975. Prior thereto he was a Viet Nam era US Navy vet.
Prior to forming NevPac in 2003, Cole held officer positions with The Koll Company,
CB/Richard Ellis, GMAC Commercial Mortgage, registered institutional investment
advisors (pension funds), and banks. He has closed realty investment transactions
with John Hancock, California Public Employees Retirement System, Aetna, Goldman
Sachs, Principal Life, Union Central Life, Cohen Financial/Wrightwood Capital, and
other institutional investors in excess of $2.5 Billion.
The majority of Cole’s business has been closed with institutional debt and equity
capital in California, Nevada, Texas, Arizona, New England, and Florida. He has the
proven ability to consultatively contribute to his clients’ achievement of their objectives.
This ability was honed by his real world education received while professionally and
profitably surviving a wide range of real property investment cycles:
When prime rate was @ 21%+,
During the Depression/RTC era of the early 90’s,
During the world financial markets meltdown of the late 90’s,
As well as when all “ships” rose in the waxing tide of unprecedented drops in
interest/cap rates during the early to mid 2000’s (and similarly during the asset
inflation era of the early 80’s).
Cole’s non-business/educational time investments include family, soccer refereeing,
fishing, camping, hunting, surfing, and church volunteering.
He has maintained spotless credit and legal histories, at both the personal and
business levels, throughout his 30 year career of raising all forms of capital for realty
Barbara Midori - Chief Operating Officer
Barbara Midori has previously enjoyed varied and successful careers with Lexus and in
real estate law. This exposure to organizational best practices well prepares her to be
COO of NevPac.
Immediately prior to joining the firm, Barbara played a key role in a regional legal firm
serving middle market real estate developers. There she facilitated the formation of
LLC’s for real estate investors, the documentation of mortgage notes/other documents,
and the asset protection of real estate investor portfolios via trusts and other legal/tax
strategies. She also invested in REITS, private equity raises, and other realty asset
Before Barbara's involvement in investment real estate, she was with the US corporate
office of Toyota/Lexus for 20 years. After receiving a BS degree in Accounting, she
joined this world class organization in their Finance Department. Upon the formation
of the Lexus Division, she began by developing programs and systems for vehicle
distribution, managed the importing and processing of Lexus vehicles, and then
became a team member of the Marketing group. Here she was instrumental in the
development and execution of various innovative and dynamic marketing programs.
These projects ranged from affinity programs, to production of short story video
collection focusing on Lexus customer loyalty, to designing off-continent promotional
events, and otherwise contributing to the sales growth of this luxury division while
managing various teams.
At NevPac, Barbara directs the operational/organizational function of the firm, charts
brand development, strengthens the sales function with marketing support, and
otherwise directs the non-transactional initiatives of NevPac.
Midori holds a BS degree from Sacramento State University in Accounting, as well as
certificates from multiple trade association development and training courses.
Norman Marks - Hospitality Associate
Marks has over 40 years of experience in hotel operations, sales & marketing,
including holding the positions of President/COO of two hotel management companies
and Vice President-Sales & Marketing for a luxury all-suite hotel company. Marks has
acquired, renovated, and repositioned hotels in major metropolitan markets as well as
secondary and tertiary markets by providing direct hands-on management supervision
to property staff. Additionally, Mr. Marks has successfully developed, marketed and
operated a number of full service branded hotels, including Hilton, Radisson,
Sheraton, and Loews Anatole hotels in metropolitan, secondary and tertiary markets
across the country.
Marks’ professional history includes the following:
- Morning Star Hospitality Services (“MSHS”) – Partner
MSHS provides professional assistance to management companies, owners
of hotel properties or lenders in possession of hotel property, specializing in the
management of hotel properties and providing consultation in the operations,
capitalization, and sales and marketing disciplines.
- Harrell Hospitality Group (“HHG”) – Founder, President/COO
HHG provides professional hospitality and restaurant consulting and
management services to owners of existing facilities, developers of new hotel
facilities and lending institutions in possession.
- L’Ermitage Hotels International - Vice President- Sales & Marketing
- Marks & Associates - Owner
- Huntington Hotel Corporation - President/CEO
- Sheraton Dallas Hotel - General Manager
- Bradford Hotel Company, Dallas, Texas- Vice President
Professional Affiliations & Awards
- President- Greater Dallas Hotel/Motel Association- 1978
- Member- Rotary Club of Dallas- 1978- 1979
- President- French Quarter Hotel/Motel Association- 1969- 1970
- Guest Services Award 1996- Marriott International
- Guest Lecturer- San Jose State University- Hotel/Restaurant School
Jay Delerno - Hospitality Associate
Delerno’s 37 years in hotel sales and marketing includes the position of vice president
of two hotel companies and managing his sales and marketing consulting company,
Revenue Source One. Delerno has successfully generated major REVPAR (Revenue
Per Available Room) improvements in all types and classes of hospitality products.
Jay’s’ professional history includes the following:
- Revenue Source One and HotelTraining.com – President
Revenue Source One provides sales and market consultation, mystery
shopping/quality assurance and market research to the hospitality and theme
Honors and Awards
- HotelTraining.com provides Internet Based Training to the Hospitality and
Hospitality related technology companies. The company's web site contains
training modules designed specifically for Sales and Catering, Reservations,
Front Office and all guest contact employees.
- Marriott Corporation - positions range from Sales Manager to Director of Sales
- Three (3) Addy Awards Four Color Consumer Publications
- Addy for Excellence Point of Sale Materials
- Creative Best of Show Columbus Society of Communicating Arts
- Champion International Graphics Award
- Holiday Inns Reservation Committee
- Holiday Inns Marketing and Advertising Committee
- Guest Lecturer Southern Methodist University School of Marketing
- Guest Lecturer Hotel Sales Managers Association International.
John R. Link, CCIM - Chief Investment Officer
John R. Link, CCIM: Chief Investment Officer
Link has enjoyed a successful career in the discipline of finance for the past two
- Prior to joining NevPac, Link spent four years originating commercial real estate
loans for Huffman Builders of Plano, Texas and Huffman Builders West of Las
- As President, he took an in-house commercial real estate finance company
from concept to reality in 2005 and 2006.
- He originated over $80 MM in permanent and interim construction loans during
- He is skilled at investment and finance capital for all income property types, with
specialties in office, medical office, and ‘for-sale to users’ office and industrial.
- While working for development companies, he garnered in-depth knowledge of
the development and construction processes.
- Link’s education, affiliations, & accomplishments include:
- Undergraduate Degree in Psychology from U.C. Oklahoma
- Designated Certified Commercial Investment Member (CCIM)
- Military service in the Army National Guard
- Board of Directors: American Cancer Society-Dallas
- National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors-Dallas
- Toastmasters International & Plano Rotary Club
Link resides in Dallas, Texas with his wife and family.
Stephen Jasko - Administrative Assistant
Jasko was raised on the East Coast in a family of commercial real estate investors
and managers. He chose a college degree in fine arts, focusing on Classical Guitar.
As he has fully developed this training as a performer and teacher, Jasko now chooses
to work with NevPac on a part-time basis to explore a return to the industry he learned
as a youth.
He directs the administrative and computer science requirements of the firm.